Taken 3 Could Happen Despite Neeson's Reservations

Want to be alerted the minute any movie, pop culture, or entertainment news drops?

Subscribers will also be notified the minuted FREE ADVANCE SCREENING PASSES go live.

Oct 10, 2012 02:50 PM EST

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Taken 3 Could Happen Despite Neeson's Reservations
With the second Taken movie occupying top spot on both sides of the Atlantic, it was not going to be long before news of a possible third movie in the franchise was going to be talked about.

Screen writer Robert Mark Kamen has confirmed work has already started on the third installment speaking to Hollywood.com "We didn't start talking about it until we saw the numbers, but then we said, okay. I think we should do a third one. And Fox wants us to do a third one."

One person who may not be so exciting on a third movie though, would be the leading star Liam Neeson, who only last week said to Empire magazine "I don't think it's going to happen, I can't see a possible scenario, that audiences wouldn't go 'Oh, come on. She's taken again?'"

But on that, Kamen states they've worked out another route the story may go "We've taken everyone we can take," he says. "It's going to go in another direction."

"Taken 2" took over $50 million on its opening weekend, doubling that of the original 2008 movie.


Filed Under: , ,

The Expendables 2
The Expendables 2
WAS: $19.99
NOW: $12.99
Winter's Tale
Winter's Tale
WAS: $12.99
NOW: $9.99
Whiteout
Whiteout
WAS: $16.99
NOW: $9.99